Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Can self adhesive floor tiles be used on walls?

I tried doing that in my bathroom...used some behind the bathroom sink thinking I could avoid having to buy the usual backsplash thing..well it kind of works but I do find them slipping sometimes...so I wouldn't use them for any big space and like the other answerer said..an unpainted wall is probably better.Can self adhesive floor tiles be used on walls?
Yes, they can. I heard about this on HGTV awhile back only they suggested it for a very small area as a backsplash on the wall behind your stove/oven as an alternative to expensive and tideous ceramic tiles. I don't remember what kind of treatment to use for this process; maybe a sticky primer and/or adhesive gluey product, but if they're suggesting it for a high temperature area like a backsplash then I can imagine it'll be perfectly fine to use elsewhere. Check out HGTV's site and see if they show you how to do it. Good Luck!Can self adhesive floor tiles be used on walls?
Sounds like a Hildi Santo Tomas technique to me.....but I imagine they'd work. Hope you've got a good adhesive or enough studs to nail them in because I would guess over time, they'd begin to fall. Saw them attached to a ceiling once and they ended up having to be nailed on the corners.
Yes, but in order to assure that they stay on, the wall would have to be unpainted and completely smooth.





Additional adhesive may be also required.
ye but will drive you nuts with in a week you will be walking up the walls going nuts
I don't know, if it does I wonder how long it will stay there without falling
yes
yes. what you will need to do though is not simply peel and stick to the wall. you will have to ';paint'; some glue or other adhesive to the wall prior to sticking the tiles on. this way the adhesive backing of the tile will have something to grab onto. sticky to smooth surface lasts but not for long. sticky to sticky surface lasts a long time.
the term self adhesive floor tiles is very decieving, perhaps they should be called ,self adhesive floor and wall tiles, or self adehsive floor, wall and ceiling tiles. or maybe self adhesive any where but your azz tiles.everything should be in black n white huh?
never tryed it but i don't see why not use one if it don't work close the box back up with some tape and take it back to the store
Yes, they can be put on the walls...





But, if it were me, I would get a heat gun, and ';gently'; heat them up, so that the glue will ';really activate';, and hold better, after you have applied them to the wall.





Make sure the wall is cleaned thoroughly, with a good degreaser and rinsed very well, to get off all residues.





You 'can' put them on a painted wall.





I wish you well...





Jesse
That partially depends on how heavy the tiles are and the reinforcement of your wall. I remember when asking about putting tiling in my kitchen that for large areas of wall tile you need a special drywall or wall reinforcement. You may also need a special adhesive to add in addition to the self adhesive since the floor tiles will be put up in a manner that they are not truly designed for.
yes, as long as the suface is flat and clean and relativily smooth.
  • Fashion leather necklace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment