Friday, February 26, 2010

I am removing carpet from hard wood floors but have discovered some kind adhesive on it how do i remove this?

The carpet is very old my house was built in 1905. The adhesive is black and initially comes up ok but it is very hard and is turning the floor itself black. I believe that the black was pad at one point but they used so much glue it is impossible to get up.I am removing carpet from hard wood floors but have discovered some kind adhesive on it how do i remove this?
Sounds like you need to rent a big belt sander and just take it down to the bare wood.I am removing carpet from hard wood floors but have discovered some kind adhesive on it how do i remove this?
try a heat gun with a scraper
It may be that goo gone will take it up. Also some of the new solvent removers may break it loose without doing any damage to the hardwood. Just don't use anything water based on your floor. If you are going to refinish the floors it won't matter, as the water spot will sand off.
THERE ARE A FEW DIFFERENT WAYS TO REMOVE IT BUT IF I WERE YOU I WOULD GO TO LOWE'S OR HOME DEPOT AND ASK THEM AND THEY WILL SHOW YOU THE STUFF YOU WILL NEED AND HOW TO DO IT...THAT WAY YOU CAN DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT YOU WANT OT TACKLE THE JOB YOURSELF...THE FLOORS WILL LOOK GREAT ONCE THEY ARE DONE BUT I'M TELLING IT'S ALOT OF HARD WORK....I JUST DID MY LAST YR....

No comments:

Post a Comment