Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I need to lift some 600by 600 floor tiles without damagethey are on plywood floor with tile adhesive/grout?

If you mean ceramic/slate type tiles, there is not any way of saving the tiles without saturating the plywood underneath for a few days until it swells and releases its bond, then the plywood is ruined. It would only work with adhesives, not a mortar set type.


If you mean how to remove without damaging the subfloor [plywood], then a stiff floor scraper will do the trick.I need to lift some 600by 600 floor tiles without damagethey are on plywood floor with tile adhesive/grout?
I'll assume the 600 is in MM/CM measurements.





I agree with number one, in that damage is likely, no matter to what. You don't state the substance of ';Adhesive';, but certainly a Floor scraper is the way to initially proceed no matter.





I tile every day of my life, and removing grout is a dusty, messy task, when accomplished in a standard fashion. To chisel grout is to risk tile damage anyway. If your intent is to salvage tile pieces, I suspect you should expect less than 100 % success. Without a few more details the answers here will be relatively vague, and perhaps not at all satisfying.





Steven Wolf


just my two ';sense';I need to lift some 600by 600 floor tiles without damagethey are on plywood floor with tile adhesive/grout?
Sorry, I agree with the other two answers. If they did a terrible job of instalation originally you might get lucky with a few tiles, but I would plan on changing tiles. Take a good look at where you want to lift the tiles. Could you go to something completely different and make it a new look?
  • Fashion leather necklace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment