Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I intend using flexi floor tile adhesive, however it says to mechanically mix the powder, can I mix it by hand?

It's going to be a lot of work. You have to make sure that it is consistently mixed throughout. Using a drill and a mixer also introduces a certain amount of air into the mix. You are better off with the drill. You can rent one if you don't have one. Home centers sell the ';butterfly'; mixer relatively cheap as well. Hope this helps.I intend using flexi floor tile adhesive, however it says to mechanically mix the powder, can I mix it by hand?
course you can ..but don't mix too much at a time ..a mechanical mixer is just a drill and a whisk ..but the drill rotates slower ..i grip the bucket with my feet and mix with a stick ..bit of 2x1 ..don't forget to get flexible groutI intend using flexi floor tile adhesive, however it says to mechanically mix the powder, can I mix it by hand?
You can but it takes ages to get the correct mix, if you go to your local DIY store you can by a stirrer to use with a power drill.


Ja.
Yes you can but the blending or mixing isn't as good as when you use a mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment