Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do I remove vinyl floor covering and the adhesive under it ?

I am in the process of removing a vinyl floor right now. I pulled up all the vinyl %26amp; used adhesive remover %26amp; a scraper to get the rest. Make sure to wear solvent gloves %26amp; keep the air moving, open windows, etc.How do I remove vinyl floor covering and the adhesive under it ?
go to your local hardware store and ask for the stuuf. there is a removal agent for that stuff but i forget the name of it. sorry. hardware store would know what you mean anyway.How do I remove vinyl floor covering and the adhesive under it ?
Very slowly and carefully ( dont tear up the underflooring it's stuck to ) using a heat gun or a hair-dryer ( heat gun is much hotter and works faster )
I took up the vinyl flooring in my bath room with a scrapper. Cut a seam first them scrape away. To take off the glue I use nail polish remover and asatone. Use in well ventalated area. Turn ceiling fan on, wear a mask..... it works.... I now have a nice white ceramic tile down.. and I love it.
  • Fashion leather necklace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment