Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Installing ceramic tiles on wood floors, what adhesive would I use?

I am putting ceramic tiles on wood floors, what should I use to keep them in place Thank you BarbaraInstalling ceramic tiles on wood floors, what adhesive would I use?
I don't recommend installing ceramic tile directly to a wood floor. Wood expands and contracts a lot more than tile thus resulting in cracks in the grout lines, tiles coming loose etc. You should install a 5/16'; tile backerboard first and use a flexbond thinset to install the tile.Installing ceramic tiles on wood floors, what adhesive would I use?
Ceramic Floor Tile Installation And Maintenance Tips


http://your-floors.blogspot.com/2007/10/鈥?/a>
I recommend Bostik's Best. Awsome stuff. Unless the wood is a wood subfloor, then I would suggest putting down hardibacker first.

No comments:

Post a Comment