Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I have a problem. I got a very stick adhesive on my newly finished wood floor. Anyone know how to get it off?

I got a very sticky adhesive (glue) on my wood floor. To make matters worse paper stuck too it i got the loose paper off but now I have Not oly the glue on the floor but the paper that got stuck to it. I jut had the flor refinished so please no suggestions of anything that would take the varnish off or scratch the floor. The glue has been there for about two days. SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!!I have a problem. I got a very stick adhesive on my newly finished wood floor. Anyone know how to get it off?
go to your local pharmacy im sure they would be able to help you out. there was a product called zoff it was for removing adhesive from your skin once you took a plaister off check and see if they still make it. good luck.





p.s or ring a wood flooring company for adviceI have a problem. I got a very stick adhesive on my newly finished wood floor. Anyone know how to get it off?
I spray stuff like that with WD-40 and it comes right off.
Try Goo-Gone if hot water and dawn doesn't work, but please be sure to read the label to make sure it is okay for finished floors, i have wood laminate and i use it on there quite often. It gets almost everything you can think of out of furiture, off walls, off floors, out of laundry, it has a sort of greasy texture to it so it should work. Good luck!
Baby oil. Rub a little on the area and let it sit a few minutes then gently scrape it off with a razor blade and wipe of all of the excess oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment