Sunday, February 21, 2010

Can I use construction adhesive to fasten treated wood to concrete floor when framing basement?

Will this pass code or do I have to drill thru the cement and bolt it. I live in MN


thanksCan I use construction adhesive to fasten treated wood to concrete floor when framing basement?
Construction adhesive works well to prevent large surfaces from lifting, like a subfloor. It is not great in preventing smaller surfaces from sliding apart. The subfloor can't move laterally but your framing can.





If these are non load-bearing then some shifting, though not desireable, won't be dangerous, If they are load-bearing then codes and safe practice will require the walls be bolted.Can I use construction adhesive to fasten treated wood to concrete floor when framing basement?
You can use adhesive. But you must also use concrete screws as well. The adhesive alone is not enough. For the best answer I would call your city or county inspections department. Inspectors dont mind giving code advice.
  • Fashion leather necklace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment