Sunday, February 21, 2010

How do I clean/remove the adhesive ';gunk'; that seeps between vinyl floor tiles?

It seems to capture dirt and looks nasty. Please advise %26amp; thanks for your help. Don't want to chemically strip the tile of it's shiny top layer, either. I don't own this tile; renting an apartment. 041307 12:37How do I clean/remove the adhesive ';gunk'; that seeps between vinyl floor tiles?
If you are talking about the glue that was used to install the tiles you should be able to remove it with mineral spirits. That should not hurt the tiles.How do I clean/remove the adhesive ';gunk'; that seeps between vinyl floor tiles?
Ok, Renpen, the Y!A Community says that you have the best answer, so will persue the mineral spirits method. Thanks again!! 041807 7:03

Report Abuse



there is a solution called goof off that will remove the adhesive with out hurting the floor
you have a problemo amigoette! well you dont but the apartment people do! I HAVE NO DOUBT they put new VCT tile down and somebody used too much glue on the tile! only one answer and its really not that hard....tile has to come up and redone. it's floating on the glue and will continue to do so until its re-repaired! ive seen this 100 times before. GL with it!
Scrub the floors with a scrub brush and a good cleaner like Mr. Clean. Then wipe it up with a clean towel and you'll be fine.
WD-40 spray
goo-gone is great for ';gunk';!
Hey I had the same problem. My bathroom was looking pretty bad and we're renting the apartment. I recommend Tilex Mold and Mildew Remover with all my heart! I just switched from Scrubbing Bubbles over to it and it's AMAZING! I promise you! You have to try it.





I tried scrubbing the stuff a couple of times and got it only a little clean, so I decided to try something new. So, I bought the Tilex. It's a spray bottle and all you have to do it spray it on the spot. It's worth the three bucks. You'll have to wait a little bit to see the actual effects of it on the stuff. Just a couple of minutes. It even got the dirty stuff out of my bathroom liner. That stuff they line on th edges so that nothing really will seep into the wall? I don't know what that really is called. But, it even got things that were INSIDE it. I was never able to scrub it out, but all you have to do it spray! There was even some sort of other stain on the ceiling that wasn't mold or mildew and it even took it out! It's a sort of bleaching agent I think. At least it smells like it. I hope you get to experience the non-scrubbing!

No comments:

Post a Comment