Sunday, February 21, 2010

How do I get rid of the leftover adhesive residue from stick on floor tiling on cement surface?

I moved into a new home and the previous owner had put that cheap stick on tile all over the basement floor. I've removed all the tile but the whole floor is covered with the adhesive residue. I don't want to retile it- my goal is to stain the floor and keep it with the cement surface. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the goop? I realize I can sand the entire floor but I'm hoping someone knows of a more time efficient way to accomplish this.How do I get rid of the leftover adhesive residue from stick on floor tiling on cement surface?
Well let's see, I would probably go to my local hardware store and ask the clerk in the paint or flooring department what they would recommend.How do I get rid of the leftover adhesive residue from stick on floor tiling on cement surface?
oooooh i know pick me PICK ME viniger
try some mineral spirits you can buy it at your local hardware store being the residue is in the basement of your home mineral spirits is low odor and effective try scouring pad or scrub brush
If you have a Lowe's by you, go to the flooring department and tell them what you want to do. They make a product that removes the glue from the concrete.
You may get dirty, but you could try some paint remover and a wire brush on the end of a drill. wear gloves googles and old pants. Pour on the paint remover and spread it out with a notched trowel, the thinner the better, a little will go a long way. clean up with some soap and water and rinse with baking soda OR vinegar to stop the paint remover from working.

No comments:

Post a Comment