Sunday, February 21, 2010

Can I use the same adhesive used for engineered flooring to install travertine floor directly onto the plywd?

I think that I would get thin set and a notched trowel so that you have some room up and down...if you have to level a piece of the stone.............travertine used to be stone, hopefully I'm reading your ? correctly............if it's wood it's one thing, but stone you need a little cushin.......room to float it around. Good luck............or by the way they have premixed thin set in buckets...........if you have the tools you can mix it your self if you have a lot to dollllllllllits a lot cheaper by the bag...........but you've got clean up and all that stuff:)Can I use the same adhesive used for engineered flooring to install travertine floor directly onto the plywd?
I believe you can, providing you've also applied a coat of sealant to the plywood. Using raw plywood could cause absorbtion of the glue and weaken the bond. I've used such inexpensive coatings as cheap paint primer to seal my flooring.

No comments:

Post a Comment