Sunday, February 21, 2010

How do I remove the adhesive, left after taking up vinyl tiles from floor. Using a heat gun.?

I removed vinyl tiles from my kitchen floor, using a heat gun, that worked very well. Unfortunately, it has left a residue of the adhesive on the sub floor. What solvent can I use to remove this residue. I have tried Paint thinner, to limited sucess. thanksHow do I remove the adhesive, left after taking up vinyl tiles from floor. Using a heat gun.?
They actually make adhesive removers. You need to know what kind of adhesive it was to buy the correct kind. I haven't worked in the floor covering business for a while so forgive me...I think adhesives can be latex based or something else. If the adhesive is black, that's the other kind.


BUT...the remover sinks into the floor and if you try to put new adhesive down over where you used the remover, that adhesive might fail.


Don't go to Home Depot or Lowes. Call a local floor covering store; they should be able to help you and order the remover you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment