Sunday, February 21, 2010

How do I remove old tile adhesive residue left on the concrete on my bathroom floor?

There is no window in this small bathroom. I would like to remove the black residue left on the concrete so I can stain it and end up with a nice finish.How do I remove old tile adhesive residue left on the concrete on my bathroom floor?
Use Jasco adesive remover it works the best. It cost about $25.00 a gallon at Home Depot. I'm going through this for the second time in my kitchen the first time I did the bathroom. It comes up fairly easy with a 12 or 14'; floor scraper. Wear glooves this stuff burns your skin. Spread it on moving in one direction and don't spread too thin. Leave it on for about 5 to 10min seems to work best. I use a shallow cardboard box to put the mess in when you scrape it up. Also if there is light traces of glue left you can use steel wool it takes it up good. You may have to use the remover more than once to get it all up. After you get up the glue you wash the floor with water to get the residue up.How do I remove old tile adhesive residue left on the concrete on my bathroom floor?
there is a product to remove this adhesive from the concrete.. most hardware stores carries this product.
is it adhesive or mortar if its adhesive use a 4'; floor scraper with a new blade it should come off if its mortar rent a jack hammer with a good chisel and it should come off
Goo Gone
slowly and labouriously i`m affraid
First, freeze a spot with ice then scrape it off - repeat


If the spot is REALLY large, buy a bag of crushed ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment