Friday, February 19, 2010

How do I remove the cushion floor adhesive??

The entryway to our home has cushion flooring that goes down the stairs to the basement. Under the flooring on the stairs is really nice pine. We would like to finish the wood to match the stairs that go up (split entry home) but when we tried to remove the flooring it ripped and left 'paper' glued to the wood. I guess I could sand it right off... any kind of solvent?? Suggestions please.How do I remove the cushion floor adhesive??
Trust me no solvents good enough yet. The scrapper idea is probably the best. All you need to do is get as much as you can off and then yes you can sand it evenly throughout the area and then refinish the floor. If you are having problems in certain areas get a heat gun or hair dryer and heat the glue this we ';activate'; it and should be a lot easier to get off.How do I remove the cushion floor adhesive??
I used a giant scrapper. Bought it at home depot for about $25.00. It has a long handle on it like a broom but it has a good sharp scrapper on the bottom. Its perfect for removing glue on floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment