Friday, February 19, 2010

How can I remove wood floor adhesive/glue off of my hands??

soap and water has not helped at all. i have it caked on, and peeling and rubbing it is making my skin raw. Please help!!How can I remove wood floor adhesive/glue off of my hands??
Depends on the type of flooring adhesive. If the product is polyurethane adhesive, lacquer thinner might help loosen some of it, but you're likely going to have to let it wear off. Your skin will produce oils to help it release the adhesive, just takes a couple of days.





If the adhesive is latex based, acetone (nail polish remover) might help remove it. If it works somewhat, but not terribly well, there's another product, MEK (methyl ethyl ketone) that you can buy as a solvent at most paint stores. It works more effectively than acetone.





Whatever you put on your hands, make sure when you're done, you wash them twice with soap and water to get any irritants off of your hands. Then be sure to moisturize them.





Hope this helps!How can I remove wood floor adhesive/glue off of my hands??
gas
maybe some nail police remover....other than that i would leave it alone and let it wear off so u do not mess up your skin.
WD-40 dissolves most adhesives/glues. also dissolves wax like crayons if using for that on clothes besure to have paper towels behind material.
Try some nail polish remover.
Goo Gone with natural orange scent or mineral sprits
Sos pad always works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment