Friday, February 19, 2010

What do I need to sand down floor adhesive until it is smooth?

I have a concrete floor with left-over floor adhesive from the linoleum that used to be there. What do I need to smooth it out and how much money am I looking at spending on this?What do I need to sand down floor adhesive until it is smooth?
You can use an electric hand sander if it's not to large an area. If it's large rent a floor cleaning machine with a sanding disc from you local rental store.What do I need to sand down floor adhesive until it is smooth?
Use a chemical adhesive solvent. Should get by for about $.03/sq ft.
Try scraping. Or put ice on it to make it brittle or acetone to desolve it. Then scrape. Not much money ...mostly elbow grease.
maybe try a adhesive remover they make one special for sheet vinyl glue, pour let soak for half hour then scrape. 10 bucks a gallon. if that doesnt work sand it down with a disc sander.

No comments:

Post a Comment