Friday, February 19, 2010

How do I stop old floor tiles from showing through a layer of self-adhesive vinyl floor tiles?

I laid some sticky vinyl floor tiles, over old flooring in the kitchen when I moved in. They were red clay ( I think) brick like floor tiles, and hard on the feet as there's no heating and was a cheap way of coping. But a few months ago, the grooves and shape of the old tiles began to show through the newer vinyl covering, which makes it look untidy. Should I have prepared the floor somehow beforehand?How do I stop old floor tiles from showing through a layer of self-adhesive vinyl floor tiles?
No way to do it now.If your talking a ceramic brick , they needed to have a skim coat over them to make a flat surface so lines wouldn t telescope thru. If they were a vinyl tile , same thing just a bit different. Or put a thin luan( 1/4 inch) over the vinyl to provide a smooth , flat surface for new tiles. GLHow do I stop old floor tiles from showing through a layer of self-adhesive vinyl floor tiles?
Should have removed them first. Unfortunately there is no remedy now.
the old floor should have been screeded smooth over or alternative put some thin hardboard first then tiles
you should have removed them or put down one quarter inch plywood over the old floor
You should of removed them first. You bad girl

No comments:

Post a Comment