Friday, February 19, 2010

Where can I buy adhesive floor tiles to cover my old bathroom floor without re-tiling?

I'm looking for sticky tiles- they are really just big stickers that look like floor tiles so that I can just stick them over the gross old tiles that are currently on my bathroom floor. I can't find them on any websites- but I'm not sure what they would officially be called. If you know where I can find them, please let me know.Where can I buy adhesive floor tiles to cover my old bathroom floor without re-tiling?
You should be able to find them in any type of hardware store...Lowe's, Home Depot. I have even seen them at some dollar stores such as Dollar Tree.Where can I buy adhesive floor tiles to cover my old bathroom floor without re-tiling?
Lowes Hardware and Home Depot have hundreds of designs and prices. If the tiles on your floor are FLAT and not peeling/gouged you can place them right over the top with great results. Make sure you stagger tiles so all the lines/edges don't match the lower ones.
Lowe's and Home Depot carry vinyl tiles that are sticky. There are pretty reasonably priced too.
You should NEVER put new tiles OVER old ones! The sticky tiles never stay sticky for very long and before long, begin to peel up and off. You MUST redo the old floor (old tiles taken up, floor cleaned and perhaps a new underlayment. To do any other way is folly.
Don't do it.Tear old tile out n start over.Will last longer.
There's really no such thing. If you want a nicer bathroom, I suggest redoing it, if that's not an option, try regrouting, and if that's not an option.....then just use area rugs. Keep in mind, if there's damage to the subfloor, you''ll HAVE to redo it...eventually before you fall through.

No comments:

Post a Comment