Friday, February 19, 2010

How do I remove self adhesive floor tiles?

I'h having difficulty removing the self adhesive tile from my kithcen floor. I've tried the blow dryer method and that only makes them crack into pieces. Then I have to chip away at the tile to remove it. Is there a easier and faster way to remove them?How do I remove self adhesive floor tiles?
I used a flat shovel and scraped them up. you could get a scraper at lowes, it looks like a garden hoe gut it is flat. If your going to replace it make sure you get the glue off the floor. thats where the hair dryer and more scraping come in. if you want to get it done even easier you could lay down a new sub floor over it all and install your new flooring.How do I remove self adhesive floor tiles?
I found out...after just installing those kinds of tiles in the bathroom, that they lift when saturated with water. Give that a try. Mine was an accident...but it taught me how to remove em! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment