Friday, February 19, 2010

Is there likely to be a problem if I use ceramic floor-tile adhesive to lay porcelain floor-tiles?

I bought a huge tub of Tile-A-Floor Ceramic floor-tile adhesive. My wife then changed her mind about the floor-tiles and the ones we have now are ceramic. I can't get my money back on the adhesive. Would I encounter problems using the adhesive intended for ceramic tiles to lay a porcelain tile floor?Is there likely to be a problem if I use ceramic floor-tile adhesive to lay porcelain floor-tiles?
You may..Since ceramic is more pourous than porcelain it may not grip as well. A latex modified thin set is the way to go.The newer mastics stay a bit pliable and since you ll be walking on them I never ;ike to use a pliable glue on floor tiles.GLIs there likely to be a problem if I use ceramic floor-tile adhesive to lay porcelain floor-tiles?
Like bamboo says ceramic floor tile adhesive will do the job if the floor is fairly level and smooth. I generally use a quick set tile adhesive, its like a latex cement that is mixed with water.
..definitely ok....both ceramic and porcelains are make from clay,.. only difference is the source.. Anyway,.. never heard of porcelain floor-tile adhesive..
probably not ..but don't drop anything on the porcelain tiles as they tend to break easy
I prefer to use thin-set mortar, but I am sure the tile mastic will work on porcelain.

No comments:

Post a Comment